East of the Island
Some places we can include as part of an Eastern tour are:
Camacha, famous for traditional Madeiran wicker-work.
Pico do Arieiro, one of the highest peaks with good walks above the clouds... we get there by car, you don't have to walk to the top!
Ribeiro Frio, with trout farms and levada walks.
Faial, lovely views above Faial and good restaurants for lunch.
Santana, famous for its traditional A-framed, thatched houses.
Porto da Cruz, a pretty coastal village with restaurants by the sea.
Ponta de São Lourenço, the tip of the island, good for walking.
Machico, with sandy beach and excellent fish restaurants.
Santa Cruz, lovely small town near the airport if you don't want to go straight home, we can stop for coffee before you go to your plane.
Half day tours
Here are some suggestions for half day tour itineraries:
● Pico dos Barcelos, Eira do Serrado and Nun's Valley
● Monte, Botanic Garden, Cristo Rei and Mercado dos Lavradores
● Câmara de Lobos, Cabo Girão and Pico dos Barcelos
● Monte, Terreiro da Luta and Pico do Arieiro
● Monte and Ribeiro Frio
West of the Island
Some places we can include as part of an Western tour are:
Câmara de Lobos, picturesque fishing village near to Funchal.
Cabo Girão, stunning views from this high sea-cliff and 'Skywalk'.
Ribeira Brava, a lively town with many cafes and small shops.
Ponta do Sol, the sunniest spot on the island.
Calheta, with a sandy beach and modern art gallery.
Paul da Serra, a plateau... popular walking/hiking destination.
Porto Moniz, famous for its natural saltwater swimming pools.
Seixal, small village, the freshwater trout are a speciality here.
São Vicente, with caves to explore and a pretty square and church.
For 1-4 people
● Full day tour (7-8 hours): 140€
● Discounted rate if you book 2 full day tours: 240€
● Half day tour (3-4 hours): 75€
For 5-8 people
● Full day tour (7-8 hours): 170€
● Discounted rate if you book 2 full day tours: 300€
● Half day tour (3-4 hours): 90€